Monday, January 2, 2012

Meet the Bloggers

Stacy from Not Just A Housewife will be guest posting today for the "Meet the Bloggers" series. She is from Utah and has the most creative ideas ever. I am not lying when I say you will miss out if you don't go check her out. Some of you might have seen her on Good Things Utah! I will let Stacy tell you a little bit more about her.




My name is Stacy and I have a blog called Not JUST A Housewife. I blog about a little bit of everything, but I focus mainly on DIY projects and home decor. I have always been knee deep in several projects at a time. That is just how I roll. I don’t think I would be content unless there was paint under my fingernails and saw dust on my porch. I have decorated and made things since I was a kid. It is part of who I am.
I started blogging in September of 2010. I had no idea what a nice community of people I was joining when I started my blog. In fact, I only knew about a few blogs that were not "family" blogs. I thought I was braving new territory!!!
I have been blessed to have my blog grow rather quickly. And I love that I can use that to help others. I love answering emails from readers, guest posting, or promoting other blogs. I had so much help in the beginning that is is nice to be able to do the same thing now :)
 
 
I have 4 little boys that keep me on my toes! They love to help me with all my projects. I was a major tom boy growing up so I am very comfortable with having all boys.
 
 
My husband and I have been through a lot together. Recently we have had to deal with him being laid of twice in 2 years. He is 100% supportive of my blog and all the craziness that comes with it. For 3 weeks my kitchen and dining room were covered in saw dust and there were power tools everywhere because it was too cold for me to work outside on the driveway. He didn't complain once even though I knew it bugged the crap out of him.
I think the reasons I have enjoyed blogging is because I have that support, I LOVE what I do, and it gives me an out.... something to think about and do other than poopy diapers and laundry :)
Thanks for letting me share a little bit about myself. If you want, you can read my WHOLE blogging story. And please come over and see me sometime at my blog.
Stacy Risenmay
Not JUST A Housewife
notjustahousewife@yahoo.com
@HousewifeStacy

No comments:

Post a Comment