Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sorry Not Sorry

Wow.. I am pathetic. I haven't posted since April of this year. Starting this blog over a year ago and only making a few posts is kind of depressing. I wanted this blog to be something for people to come to for messages on life, DIY projects or just to smile and I failed all of you. But guess what....after the most craziest year of my life so far, I am going to start blogging again. I will catch you up and I promise I will post more often.

2013 has been so crazy. Let's just say I am ready for it to be over and I am ready to see what the next year has in store for me and my family. There has been so much that has happened, especially in the last 6 months, that I do not know where to even start.

They say things happen for a reason, that reason? I don't think we will ever know. They also say that with one door closing there is always another one that is opening. I haven't seen another open door yet but I am hoping one will open soon. Wow, if that didn't sound depressing, I don't know what is.

.......

The year started off what seemed to be pretty good. Kyle (my brother in law) returned home from serving an LDS Mission in Brisbane, Australia in March. It was a great reunion and something the hubby had been looking forward to since the day Kyle left.

At the end of April, we went on a family trip to Disneyland. It was a blast and so exciting to see everything and see how things had changed. I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was 9 so I was pretty excited for this trip. I will post pictures of the trip in another post. 

While we were on our trip, I received one of the scariest calls. It was my dad, my grandma was going in for emergency brain surgery. My heart sank and all I wanted to do was go home and be with her. We only had a few more days left on the trip so I stuck it and I am glad I did. It wasn't that I didn't want to be with my grandma, it was because those memories we made were great and I know grandma would have wanted me to stay and make those. 

As soon as we got home, I went and saw grandma. She was doing pretty good considering what she had just gone through. She was in the hospital for I think about 3 weeks or so. During her stay at the hospital, my grandpa (her husband), was suffering with Dimentia. Let me tell you, that is one of the worst diseases anybody could possibly have. I hated seeing him like that. It pained grandma to see him like that as well. I wasn't there everyday to see every little thing but I know how hard it was on every single person in my family. He was submitted to a hospital up north that helped ease the stress and pressure off my aunts that were near by and that were trying to take care of him.

Grandma got released from the hospital on their 57th wedding anniversary. The first thing she did when she got out was go see grandpa. I wasn't there but I am sure both their faces just lit up seeing each other. The next day, she was submitted back into the hospital. After being back in there for a little bit, she was released once again. Shortly after, Grandpa passed away surrounded by family on June 15th. I have lost other people in my life but I think losing my grandpa was one of the hardest things I could have imagined at that time. My whole life I had grown up with both sets of grandparents and up until I got married and moved away, there wasn't a day that I didn't go without seeing them or talking to them. As I got older, I tried to call as often as possible and when I went back home and I would go visit. 

It was hard seeing Grandma in her condition and knowing she had lost the love of her life. She kept telling everyone she was going to get strong but I know deep down inside she just wanted to be with Grandpa. After about a month of being at my aunts house in Kaysville, she returned home to Green River. With the help of two of the most amazing people, Sonay and Douni, she was able to be in her own home and see her friends and family she hadn't seen in a few months. After another month or so of being in pain, Grandpa finally came and took his angel so that they could be together once again. Grandma passed away on August 17th. Again, losing Grandpa was really tough but also losing Grandma made it even harder. We loved them both so much. They were a big part of everyone's life. I miss her tickling my back while I lay there and watch the 10 o' clock news with her and grandpa. I miss him telling us kids to "be good like a cigarette should." Everyone says you will have regrets once they are gone and let me tell you they were not lying. I wished I would have spent 10 x more time with them then I did. I hope that they know how much I love them and how much I miss them. They are no longer in pain and they are together again. I can be sad but I also need to be happy because they are in each others arms and will be forever. I know I will see them again!


This might be to much information for some people and I am sorry if it is. 

During everything that happened with the grandparents, there was also two other things that happened in those two months. First one, at the beginning of June, my step dad (61), was participating in a triathlon. He had just finished his swim and hopped on his bike. He was coming around hist first turn and ended up sliding across the road as he had wrecked. Being the strong willed man that he is, he proceeded to hop back on the bike and finish the bike ride leg and then attempted to continue to run/walk the rest of the triathlon. Once he finished, my mom rushed him to the hospital and found out that he would be going in for hip surgery. Seriously people, this guy is 61, he FINISHED the triathlon and he BROKE is hip and shoulder. This man is crazy but is pretty dang strong to do that if you ask me. 

The next thing that happened was a few hours after grandma's funeral services, my mom's dad, was busy feeding his animals when a large bale of hay fell on top of him which in turn broke his femur bone. We had to to life flight him to Provo where he would have surgery. I tell you if it isn't one thing, it's another. 

As you can tell, we have had a pretty crazy year and we are hoping that it will all look up from here. 

I am sorry if I shared to much but that is what blogging is for isn't it. It is kind of like a diary. 

I want to end this post by just saying that I am so thankful for family and friends. Without them we would be pretty dang lonely. I miss my grandparents very much but know that they are watching over us every second, every minute of everyday. 

It's bedtime but remember. "Families Are Forever"
<3 charle="" p="">


No comments:

Post a Comment