Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Road through Infertility Part Two (Again another long post and no pictures) SORRY!

I told you I wouldn't keep you waiting for long.....

If you are just joining my story, you can read about the beginning of our process ---Here----.

I left off where the doctor approved for me to have the Laparoscopy.

Prior to this surgery, we hadn't told either of our parents in hopes that we would get pregnant and not have to have our parents stress along with us. We finally decided since I was getting surgery, that we should probably tell them in case it was more severe than we had thought. Both sides were very understanding about the whole situation and very supportive.

June 27th, 2014.....
I was scheduled for surgery at 2:00pm. They wanted me there by 1:00pm to get prepped and situated.
At about 1:55pm the nurse comes into the room and tells us that the doctor is running behind but they would get me sent back as soon as possible..............An hour went by and we still hadn't gotten pulled back for surgery......2 more hours went by and the anesthesiologist finally came into our room to knock me out. The doctor had informed us that the surgery could take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour depending on the severity of what might be going on. Kelly and his mom decided that they would go grab something to eat and would be back in time to talk to the doctor while I was in recovery.

About an hour later I come out of the surgery and the nurse is there to help me get dressed and explain as much as she possibly could about what they found and Kelly told me that they didn't get back in time to talk to the doctor.
Turns out I didn't have a lot going on in their and it only took him about 15 minutes to do everything. We found out that I had scar tissue holding one of my ovaries upside down. This was making it so that an egg couldn't be released. He removed the scar tissue and told me to start the 50MG Clomid in 5 days.

The surgery was very quick and easy. I didn't have much pain the next few days. In fact, the surgery was on Thursday and I was back to work on Monday.

Like he said, I started the 50MG Clomid 5 days after my surgery and started over on everything.

1 month post surgery and I got my first cycle. I was relieved because it meant that the surgery possibly worked but sad at the same time that we weren't pregnant.

Fast Forward another month. I was supposed to start my cycle on a Wednesday. The doctor had told me that I shouldn't take a pregnancy test until I was at least 1 week late just in case my body was still trying to fix itself since the surgery. On a Friday, I was sitting at my sister in laws talking about all of this stuff we had been going through. I had been having really bad cramping pain for about a week. This was unusual for me because I never cramp. And this cramping was nothing I had felt before. She had explained that the one thing she remembered about knowing she was pregnant with both her kids was that her **sorry if this is TMI** urine was bright neon yellow.  I looked at her and said that was what mine was doing. She was so excited and wanted me to take a test right then and there. I decided against it and told myself I wasn't going to get my hopes up. That following Monday, Kelly and I went golfing with his brother and his fiancĂ©. I was still cramping, urine was still neon yellow and my boobs were hurting with every little bump we hit. I wanted to cry. I had expressed to Kelly all of my symptoms and he just said well lets not get our hopes up and you can take a test on Wednesday.

Little did he know I had already purchased a couple tests and I wanted to do them that next morning.

Tuesday.....(6 days late)
I woke up at about 5:00am like every other morning to get ready for work. I decided I would take at least one test. I took the test and sat it down inside the wrapper. I told myself that I wasn't pregnant and I wasn't going to get my hopes up. I continued to get ready and actually almost forgot I had even taken the test until I ran back into the bathroom to grab something.

I took a deep breathe and took the test out of the wrapper. I had to blink a few times before I realized it was saying pregnant. I didn't want to get to excited in case I was reading it wrong so I took another one. It also came back positive. I just started bawling and smiling at the same time.

I had always wanted to wait and surprise Kelly but I figured this would be the biggest and best surprise he could have asked for. So I walked into our room...still crying... and woke him up. I asked him to make sure that the test was saying pregnant. At first he thought I was crying because I was late to work and then he realized what I had in my hand. He hugged me and started to cry too.

It was the best day of our lives and everything we could have asked for.


I know our story probably isn't the first infertility story you have heard or read but it's ours and the reason I wanted to share it was because there might be someone out there experiencing the same thing. They might not have tried the direction we went or options we tried. So after reading our story they might be able to talk to their doctor and see if it might help them. I know I can't say that I understand where you are coming from or that I have been in your shoes when it comes to infertility but I have experienced a slight piece of it and I kind of know how you feel.

I remember a week before finding out that we were pregnant that one of my best friends from High School was expecting. I was hurt, of course I was excited for her, but hurt because I wanted to experience that so bad as well. That same day, I had taken Kelly some dinner cause he was working graveyards and when I was leaving, I saw a pregnant lady light up a cigarette. That hurt me even more. All I could think of was, "what do I have to do to get pregnant? Start smoking or drinking?" I didn't know what to do anymore or what to think. I was to the point I wanted to give up and just try to settle on the fact that I would never be able to carry a child.

Boy am I glad that I did not give up because like I said we were blessed with the chance to be parents. My pregnancy went smoothly and we were blessed with the most beautiful baby.

Thank you for allowing me to share my story. I hope I didn't offend or scare off anyone. And to those of you who are trying to conceive. Don't give up just yet. There is hope out there somewhere. I know you will hear that fifty million times and get sick of it but it's out there.


But for now....FORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment