Saturday, October 8, 2016

D.I.Y. Makeup Brush Cleaner

You get me twice in one day...aren't you guys special! But really you are because I love all my readers.


So I am not a huge makeup fan/guru. Never have been and honestly probably never will be. However, since becoming a consultant for the amazing Rodan & Fields Company and using their products, I am starting to become a little more confident with makeup. Now that I have clearer, softer skin and not to mention and AMAZING glow because of these products, it has allowed me to play around with makeup. I am your usual base foundation, a little light eyeshadow, some eyeliner and mascara type of girl. But now I am using better products because I have better skin and know that if I want to take care of it, I need to be using the best quality products.

Now since using these better products, I have come across the issue of having dirty brushes. I have seen tutorial after tutorial. All of them seem to work but I wanted something I could do with products I already had in my home. I recently read an article about Olive Oil and how it helps pull things away from or out of something. Water and oil separate right. Anyways, I thought that I would combine soap, which is a cleaning agent, and oil, which supposedly pulls away. Here are the items you will need:


1 small container for mixing the items
1 part olive oil
1 part baby shampoo (I used Baby Magic because baby shampoo is mild)


Mix the 1 part olive oil with the one part baby shampoo into the container.



Use the dirty brush to mix it all together really good. Soon your soapy oily mixture will begin to change colors.

After about a minute or so, rinse your brush thoroughly and lay brush down with the handle propped up at an angle to allow the brush to drip dry. (like how I used my deodorant...tee hee).


Once its dry, you have a fresh clean brush. I was amazed at how clean it got and how new the brush felt.

It was easy and I could use products I had at home and didn't have to run out purchase anything.


Hope you enjoy and have the same result I did.



FORE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment