Sunday, December 18, 2016

The Holidays got me like.....

OMG!!! You guys not only did I not post throughout the week like I told you I would, I didn't even post a GoT tO lOvE iT tUeSdAy last week. I have failed you......

Life has been crazy... I just got offered a job. So between getting things organized with that and getting Christmas shopping done as well as planning a visit to see family it has been nuts.

We will be heading back to Utah for the Christmas holiday. Since I have been married, we have alternated years with families. This years Thanksgiving was with my family so this years Christmas is with the hubs family. Next year it will switch. But because it has been a month since we have seen my family, they are going to drive over to Kelly's parents to visit for at least a few hours. So needless to say I am excited to see everyone plus I am excited its Christmas.

Christmas was fun before but it is ten times more fun when you have kids. My little is only 18 months old but its still fun. She is interested in gifts, THE TREE and she is saying Santa. It makes it so fun and makes shopping even more fun to. I could seriously buy her the world but I got to limit myself because she has a whole lot more Christmas's and birthdays to come.

Anyways, I wanted to make a post to #1 let you know I wasn't ignoring anyone and didn't forget about you guys and #2 to share some Christmas traditions, ideas and/or fun activities.

When we lived in Utah, Kelly and I would always try to make it a tradition to visit Temple Square and check out all the amazing lights. It was so gorgeous plus the feeling you had when you were on the Temple Square grounds was nothing shy of AmAzInG! Utah has a lot of fun things to experience during the holidays. They have Temple Square lights, festival of lights, festival of trees and the Polar Express in Heber. There are many more but those are just the few that I have experienced myself.
Here in Arizona, I haven't found anything fun like those yet but this is our first Christmas here so I am sure we will find things to do for the holidays as the years pass.

One thing Kelly's family always does whether we are there for Christmas or not is making Gingerbread Houses. It's so fun, relaxing and yummy all at the same time. This year I found a few other activities I want to do especially with all the kiddos. Here are a couple of the activities and their links.

Christmas Movie Bingo



My nephew loves Legos so I thought we would try this. 


And to include a little messy action..


I am so excited to try these out with the kids. Who knows maybe activities like this will become our family tradition.

Share what your Christmas Traditions are or share some new ones. 

And yes I will post this weeks GoT tO lOvE iT tUeSdAyS! I got some new things to share. 


Have a GREAT Sunday!

FORE!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment